TERMS OF REFERENCE
Driver/Office Technical Assistant
Country Office Belize
Objectives: To provide support to the IDB Country Office in Belize as Driver, as well as, Office Technical assistant, as being necessary. These functions imply supporting internal and external clients with high quality work leading to successful outcomes; and, continually updating functional skills and understanding of technologies, while taking risks with new ideas and initiatives, by reviewing approach to effectively deliver assigned responsibilities.
As the Driver:
- Drive the IDB Group Country Representative in Belize, IDB Group personnel, as well as, any person, as indicated by the supervisor.
- Keeps a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves Bank officials, especially the Representative.
- Keeps current with and complies with all traffic and road rules, public safety regulations and security measures, to ensure passenger safety and security.
- Demonstrates driving expertise in diverse driving conditions, adapting appropriate speed levels to changing conditions.
- Ensures the vehicle or equipment using are in proper working conditions and report any malfunctions immediately.
- Establishes predeparture plan to maximize driving efficiency when making multiple stops, in appropriate sequence to minimizing the amount of drive time.
- Provides input to the purchase of new vehicles, based on driving experience and knowledge of vehicle innovations and features.
- Maintains legible and updated records and logs, including an account of all car maintenance, gasoline and oil consumption, and repairs.
- Always keeps vehicle in a clean and tidy manner.
As Office Technical Assistant:
- Acts proactively to solve common problems with office equipment.
- Demonstrates comfort learning and using new software applications implemented by IDB and own organizational unit.
- Troubleshoots common problems with relevant desktop software for self and others.
- Uses IDB-specific applications to their full capability.
- Utilizes knowledge and data management systems to accurately, and efficiently enter, retrieve, and update information.
- Effectively uses domain-specific tools and technologies to execute work.
Reports to the Resource Planning & Administration Specialist as the overall supervisor; however, for the IT related matters, the local IT Specialist will provide guidance to execute the relevant tasks.
Minimum Requirements: A high school education with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Valid driver’s license, and a clean police record. Ability to use personal computer, use of MS Office (word, excel, outlook, etc.). Ability to use the internet browser application including Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Even though not a requirement, IT experience and/or knowledge is desirable. Ability to speak Spanish
Deadline : July 28th, 2023