Executive Director : The goal of the position is to expand, direct and manage PathLight’s ministry and operations in Belize enabling long-term sustainability through growing domestic financial resources, developing key local relationships and engagement, and driving superior, measurable results in terms of the skills, capabilities and accomplishments of PL’s graduates, thus enabling PathLight to achieve its core vision: Hope for every child through the power of a vibrant faith and a dynamic learning environment.
Reports to: CEO Direct Reports: Sponsorship + Co-Director Belize City & Leadership Initiative Director; Sponsorship + Co-Director Belmopan; Teacher Training Program Director; Community Partners Director; Belize Bookkeeper
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Oversight and leadership of 4 Belize Program Directors who direct a staff of ten people currently located in 3 Districts (Belize City, Belmopan and Toledo).
2. Lead, expand, strengthen and motivate the PathLight Belize organization, actively developing Staff thru topic-specific workshops (funds development, social & emotional support, leadership, sharing best practices); overseeing BZ hiring & on-boarding processes.
3. Development, leadership and oversight of:
4. Actively drive Donor Development in Belize with groups such as Rotary, Business community, churches, individuals, US guests, resulting in a minimum annual growth of 10% in total income and total number of donors.
5. Define annual goals and budget for the various aspects of the Belize Operation, secure approval of the PathLight Board, and review/report status of both quarterly.
6. Submit regular reports to PathLight CEO and Board as requested.
7. Meet or exceed annual performance metrics developed in consultation with and as directed by the CEO that clearly demonstrate measurable progress in alignment with PathLight’s strategic plan.
Qualifications and Attributes:
1. Ability to be a vocal presence in Belize with major local donors, senior government officials, key teams and Belize Board; as such, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are critical.
2. Able to lead PathLight Belize staff to effectively communicate the PathLight story to existing and potential donors and partners.
3. Possesses an active, mature and vibrant Christian faith.
4. Able to offer spiritual guidance & encouragement to the PathLight team.
5. Widely esteemed and respected in Belize across business, governmental and church sectors
6. Possesses a combination of capable confidence and humility
7. An undergraduate degree from a recognized institution is required; a postgraduate degree would be preferable.
8. Senior level experience in industry, government service or a non-profit organization, leading relatively senior teams of people, is required.
9. A proactive self-starter, who has entrepreneurial initiative.
10. Experience in fund-raising would be a major plus. Travel This position is based in Belize and will require travel throughout Belize and occasionally to the United States. Relationships PathLight places a high value on personal relationships, realizing that is where God does his greatest work.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop healthy, caring relationships with fellow staff members, volunteers, donors, churches, governmental, business, media and administration/faculty of Belizean schools and universities. Communication and Initiative With two offices based in two countries, clear and consistent communication is critical.
The successful candidate will be expected to be timely in response to emails, and will be asked to participate in phone calls, internet chats, as well as “in person” meetings in the US and in Belize. Since the incumbent will have remote supervision and will be working with staff in two countries, he/she will be expected to take the initiative to carry out his/her responsibilities most efficiently and effectively.
Salary will be commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Send application to : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline : Thursday, February 28th, 2019